C&TS K-37s #s 487 and 484 rest by the engine shop (not a round house because, well, it's not round) on a sunny warm summer afternoon.
The original D&RG roadbed through Gunnison Canyon is still apparent. In fact, it's a hiking trail up to a boat ride, which takes riders past the Curecanti Needle, a famous logo from days of Rio Gr... (more)
Ten years ago, the Mississippi River and its northern tributaries took in more rain than they could handle. In Cedar Rapids, the CRANDIC tried to forestall disaster to their mid-town bridge by loa... (more)
Ten years ago, the Mississippi River and its northern tributaries got more rain than they could handle in mid-June, causing epic flooding conditions all along the Mississippi River Valley. In Ft. ... (more)
D&RGW Consolidation 315, built in 1895, has lived a storied life. It sits this beautiful morning in Chama, NM, after its 2007 restoration returned it to useful service.
Try to imagine a Big Boy double header blasting around this curve as it is about to achieve the summit.